The Montgomery County Public Defender’s Office (MCPDO) seeks a dedicated administrative professional to serve as an Intake Coordinator who will be responsible for the initial interface between the MCPDO and walk-in clients with legal issues. All MCPDO employees will provide high quality representation to indigent defendants. The ideal Intake Coordinator combines a demonstrated interest in the representation of indigent clients with superior administrative skills. This position is responsible for docket preparation for potential new clients, provides back up phone duty (on a multi-line phone), and assists administrative assistants in the creation of new files. This position may require meeting potential clients who are in detention. Because the performance requirements of this position entail regular access to privileged and confidential information, the Intake Coordinator must comport themselves in a manner consistent with the responsibilities entrusted to the position.
THE SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATE WILL HAVE:
• Demonstrated ability to welcome clients and present a friendly professional demeanor;
• Demonstrated ability to answer multi-line phones efficiently, and promptly direct calls to the appropriate team member for solution;
• Good analytical and critical thinking skills to perform a preliminary check for case conflicts and docket preparation;
• The ability to receive and direct court paperwork to appropriate staff members;
• The ability to assist Administrative Assistants with various duties including the printing and preparation of new case files;
• The ability to work with a diverse population and be attentive to the needs of the clientele; and
• Understands and exercises care regarding attorney-client privilege and confidentiality.
• High School diploma or equivalent and some experience in the operation of a telephone multi-line push button telephone or receptionist experience. A college degree is highly desirable. A comparable amount of training and related experience may be substituted for the minimum qualifications.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills.
• Proficiency in Spanish is highly desired, but not required.
• General computer literacy, including proficiency in MS Office Suite, Adobe Reader, and other software programs essential to office operations.
• Some experience in the operation of a multi-line telephone system.
• Receptionist experience preferred.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS:
Salary Range - $21,200.00 to $35,389.00
Employees of the Montgomery County Public Defender’s Office receive State of Alabama employee benefits including:
• Low-Cost Health/Dental Insurance (Single Coverage);
• Optional Family Coverage (Health/Dental);
• Accrue Thirteen Annual Leave Days per Year;
• Accrue Thirteen Sick Days per Year;
• Thirteen Paid Holidays per Year;
• Retirement Plan; and
• Flexible Employee Benefit Plans.
Interested applicants should send a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org Please indicate the position(s) you are applying for in the subject line.
Positions within the Montgomery County Public Defender’s Office are at-will and not subject to the State of Alabama’s Merit System.